Jerwin Ancajas-Jonas Sultan title fight now set for April 14 in Las Vegas

Jerwin Ancajas, Jonas Sultan set to fight in all-Filipino world title bout (0:34)

Jerwin Ancajas is set to defend his IBF title against compatriot Jonas Sultan. (0:34)

It's back to Las Vegas for the historic world title fight between International Boxing Federation (IBF) super flyweight champion Jerwin Ancajas and mandatory challenger Jonas Sultan.

The fight, which will be the first major world title bout between two Filipinos since 1925, was originally scheduled to be on the undercard of the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight clash between Jeff Horn and Terrence Crawford on April 14. Then last week, Ancajas's trainer Joven Jimenez told ESPN5 that Top Rank, which promotes Ancajas, was looking at making Ancajas-Sultan headline an April 28 card in Philadelphia.

Now the bout is back to its original April 14 date. "We are good to go for April 14," matchmaker Sean Gibbons, who co-promotes Ancajas, told ESPN5's Renz Ongkiko. "Viva Las Vegas! "

Gibbons added that Top Rank head Bob Arum was indeed leaning towards April 28 at one point. "Then on Saturday he told me that we had a few changes and need the fight to go back to April 14. I checked with Coach Joven and he said they are ready, and I checked with Michael (Aldeguer, Sultan's promoter), and they said they are ready. Kaboom! We have Filipino history in Viva Las Vegas!"

Ancajas (29-1-1, 20 KOs), who is coming off an impressive 10th-round TKO of Mexico's Israel Gonzalez last February 4 in Corpus Christi, is already deep in training at the Survival Camp in Cavite. Sultan (14-3, 9 KOs), has also started his training in Cebu.

The last time two Filipino boxers battled for a world title was way back in 1925, when Pancho Villa beat Clever Sencio via unanimous decision in Wallace Field in Manila for the world flyweight title.