The PBA will resume the 2020 Philippine Cup in Clark, Pampanga on Tuesday, November 3.
In an announcement on its social media accounts Saturday, the league said it set the resumption date on Tuesday "to ensure with the protocols recommended by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID)."
According to the IATF, the Blackwater player who tested positive last week has to complete his 10-day isolation from the date of swabbing before PBA games are resumed.
Additional protocols mandated by the IATF are the completion for 14-day quarantine and testing for those who will test positive moving forward, and the appointment of an independent marshal who will ensure compliance with health and safety protocols. The latter was added per recommendation of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG).
The PBA also now has a separate temporary quarantine facility within the Clark Freeport Zone, the statement read.
"These additional protocols from health experts are put in place to ensure the integrity of the bubble," the league said. "We would like to reiterate that the PBA bubble has not been breached but we must always strengthen our protocols in consultation with the IATF and NTF to ensure the safety of everyone in the bubble."