The PBA is looking at either the Ynares Center in Antipolo or the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig to host the opening games of its 46th season via closed circuit format.
PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial told ESPN5.com that he has had exploratory talks with ex-Rizal governor Junjun Ynares regarding the possible hosting of the 2021 Philippine Cup in Antipolo, with a possible late June or early July start.
Marcial added that the PBA is also looking to request permission from Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto for possible use of the Sports Arena, if the situation becomes clearer in Metro Manila.
However, the scheduled start is still very fluid as the league awaits the quarantine classification for June 16-30. Currently, the NCR+ bubble, which includes Pasig and the province of Rizal, is under general community quarantine.
If the situation permits by mid-June, Marcial will raise the request to the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to finally start the All-Filipino tournament. He cited that all 12 teams have been diligent enough in maintaining health protocol at practice.
Currently, there are nine teams practicing at various sites in Batangas since starting in May. On the other hand, TNT and Meralco held a "bubble" training camp in Laoag, Ilocos Norte, while NLEX had been holed up in Clark, Pampanga.
"Our practices are going smoothly, and our players are disciplined enough, so it's good. We hope we can get [IATF] approval," said Marcial in Filipino.
Larger venues such as the Smart-Araneta Coliseum and Mall of Asia Arena are currently out of consideration, since fans will still not be allowed to attend.