The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.
TOP STORY: Man Utd faced with £100m price tag for Jimenez
But speaking on the Transfer Window podcast, The Times writer Duncan Castles says United will have to spend considerably more if they want to land Jimenez in time for the new season.
The 29-year-old has struck 23 times across all competitions this season and still has three years left to run on his existing deal, giving Wolves the higher ground when it comes to any potential negotiations.
22.08 BST: Napoli lead Inter Milan, Everton and Roma in the chase for Atletico Madrid right-back Santiago Arias, according to Mundo Deportivo. Los Rojiblancos would prefer to sell the 28-year-old Colombia international for €15m, however the Naples outfit may instead opt for a loan with an option or obligation to buy.
20.51 BST: As rumours circulate about Arsenal preparing to offload 21-year-old midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, Le10 Sport writes that Real Madrid and Barcelona are among the interested parties keen to recruit the France international.
19.34 BST: Amid the uncertainty of Tanguy Ndombele's future at Tottenham, the Independent reports that Barcelona are keen to bring the 23-year-old midfielder to Camp Nou in a swap deal for Philippe Coutinho. However, Spurs are said to prefer to recoup the £55m they paid to Lyon last summer for the France international rather than entertain offers of a swap deal.
18.17 BST: Barcelona intends to raise as much cash before the end of the financial year on June 30, according to Mundo Deportivo, and there are three players whose sales the Catalan club are prioritising: Philippe Coutinho, Jean-Clair Todibo and Rafinha
17.00 BST: PSG defender Thiago Silva is going to leave the club this summer and a move to the Premier League is possible.
According to Goal, Everton, Tottenham and Wolves are keen on the 35-year-old.
Milan and Fiorentina are also trying to persuade him to come back to Serie A but Silva reportedly has his heart set on England.
15.53 BST: Tuttosport says that Manchester City are the only English club left in the battle for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly with Liverpool dropping out.
Koulibaly, 29, has been linked with almost every top club in Europe over the past year and the Italian side are holding out for around €90m.
City are looking to sign a new defender but €90m is a lot of cash in this climate. Though if any team can pay it, it's City.
15.19 BST: Fred is set to sign a new contract with Manchester United, according to The Sun.
The Brazil midfielder joined for £52m from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018 and has impressed this season. His £130,000-a-week deal expires in three years, so he can expect a pay rise soon.
The Blues are monitoring Havertz, 21, who has also attracted interest from Manchester United and Bayern Munich and is rated at around €100m. Asked if he could confirm whether an opening bid had been tabled or if the club were in discussions over signing Havertz, Lampard said: "No, no bids have gone in. He's obviously a top player but we are certainly not going to comment on other players at other teams and it cannot be our focus. Nothing to say.
"I don't know [how active Chelsea will be in the market] because we have the games we need to complete before the window opens. That's something we'll broach when it comes round. At the minute, our only focus can be on the games in hand."
Chelsea are also interested in signing left-back Ben Chilwell from Leicester City but a more immediate priority was securing the short-term futures of Willian and Pedro, whose contracts were due to expire on June 30.
On Tuesday, the Blues confirmed both players will stay for the remainder of the 2019-20 season and while Pedro is expected to join Roma this summer, Lampard has not ruled out the possibility of Willian signing a longer extension, despite the club as yet showing no signs of matching his request for a three-year deal.
"We're still talking with the players and Willian in particular we are talking with him," said Lampard. "It was hard for me to comment too much because it was obviously announced yesterday but I was always confident that they would remain."
Ben Yedder is valued at €40m -- the same fee that the French club paid to sign him from Sevilla last summer -- and he finished the season as joint top scorer in Ligue 1 after scoring 18 times.
The incident, the latest in a series of issues between the two, was first reported by French television. Sources said that the row erupted during a training session on Monday and then continued in Mourinho's office at the Tottenham training ground in Enfield, north London.
Ndombele, 23, who joined Spurs last summer from Lyon for €62m -- the most expensive player in the club's history and one of the highest earners with a salary of just under £10m a year -- has had enough of the constant criticism and taunts coming from his manager, either in private or publicly, which have happened since Mourinho replaced Mauricio Pochettino last November.
12.46 BST: Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson has said the club will return for West Brom defender Nathan Ferguson when the window reopens.
Ferguson, 19, saw an £8m move fall through in January but his contract ends this summer.
"Nathan is one of the players we were keen to bring in in January and it didn't work out due to the injuries. He is still very much on our radar," Hodgson said.
"There are lots of other players [we are looking at] because of the work [sporting director] Doug Freedman has been doing since we joined up together. It has all been in relation to the type of player we think Crystal Palace need, the type of player we think would be good at Crystal Palace. Those that will come in and make our squad stronger and help out the very good XI we have at the moment.
"Nathan has great potential and has the sort of qualities that we are looking for and that is why we tried to sign him."
Thiago, 29, has pulled out of talks over a new contract and Bayern will be forced to sell him in order to avoid losing him on a free transfer in summer 2021.
11.37 BST: Juventus are increasingly confident of signing Barcelona's Arthur Melo, with Miralem Pjanic moving in the other direction, following further talks between the two clubs this week, sources have told ESPN's Moises Llorens.
Barca and Juve have been discussing a deal for the best part of two months which would see Arthur move to Turin for a fee north of €60m. Pjanic would then join Barca for less than Juve pay for Arthur.
The Brazilian's reluctance to leave Camp Nou has been the only obstacle throughout the negotiations but, following a renewed attempt to change his mind, Juve now believe they are close to getting an agreement over the line.
A source close to the negotiations has told ESPN everything "has advanced this week" and, while sources close to Arthur insist "nothing has changed," there is a growing belief he will accept the contract on offer at Juve, which is worth considerably more than he earns at Barca.
11.01 BST: Antoine Greizmann has struggled to impress at Barcelona since moving last summer for €120m from Atletico Madrid. Did he made the wrong call?
10.12 BST: Celta Vigo have made an initial €6m offer to Lokomotiv Moscow to sign Russian forward Fedor Smolov on a permanent transfer, according to reports. The deal is subject to Celta remaining in La Liga next season.
Smolov, 30, joined Celta in January from Lokomotiv on loan for the remainder of the campaign. He has scored one goal in nine league appearances for the club, who are 16th in La Liga, four points clear of the relegation zone with eight games remaining. The Russia international is tied to Lokomotiv until June 2022.
09.56 BST: James Rodriguez has hit out at critics who question his professionalism, saying he doesn't know why he hasn't featured more for Real Madrid this season.
"A lot of things are said about me and almost all of them are lies," Rodriguez told Gol Caracol. "What makes me most uncomfortable is when people doubt my professionalism. I can't accept that. I'm very professional, that's why I've got as far as I have. People who've worked with me know what I'm talking about. I take care of myself as much as anyone."
Rodriguez said when asked why he hasn't played more often: "It's a good question, I'd like to know too. As I've said before, when you win trophies with players you trust and you have a settled team, it's difficult to change. It's also complicated when your coach doesn't give you minutes. It's hard to show what you can do."
"There hasn't been any kind of problem [with Zidane]," he added. "Each coach has his preferences. We have a normal working relationship... I'm not one of the key players, that's clear. I'm training and working so that when it's my turn, I do well."
There has been speculation in recent months linking James with a move to MLS and Inter Miami -- as well as the possibility of joining up for a third time with manager Carlo Ancelotti at Everton.
"In the future who knows what is going to happen," he said. "If I were able to choose, I'd pick a club where I can show my ability and my quality."
Rodriguez admitted that his preference last summer was to join another La Liga club, thought to be Atletico Madrid.
"There was a really good offer from a Spanish team which Real Madrid rejected. I started pre-season with Madrid without wanting to," he said. "I also had an offer from Italy but it didn't convince me. My agent Jorge Mendes told me Real Madrid had an offer from China, but I wasn't ready to go there because I feel I can give a lot more in Europe."
09.27 BST: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said Dean Henderson is on his way to becoming Manchester United and England's first-choice goalkeeper but has also branded No. 1 David De Gea as "the best in the world."
De Gea's position at Old Trafford has come under increased scrutiny after making a mistake during the 1-1 draw with Tottenham on Friday.
His struggles have been magnified further by Henderson's impressive performances on loan at Sheffield United, who have the second-best defensive record in the Premier League.
"It's a different job to be playing for Sheffield United and for Manchester United," Solskjaer said on Tuesday. "The two years he [Henderson] has had [at Sheffield United] have been fantastic development. He's played with and against men, played in the Championship and plays in a team that plays exciting football and the stats show he's proved worthy of a few points.
"He's learning all the time, he's a passionate keeper, developing, good coaching. One day he'll be England No.1 and United No. 1 and he needs to keep developing."
08.59 BST: Arsenal have announced four new pieces of contract business; a new one-year deal for David Luiz, long-term contracts for Pablo Mari and Cedric Soares and a loan extension for Dani Ceballos.
Luiz, 33, joined Arsenal from Chelsea last summer on a one-year deal with an option to extend it for a further season. The Brazil centre-back had been linked with interest from Turkish club Fenerbahce, but has decided to stay on for the 2020-21 campaign.
Arsenal have agreed an extension to Cedric's loan from Southampton and will sign him permanently on a free transfer this summer. The 28-year-old joined the Gunners on loan in January but is yet to make a first-team appearance for the club due to injury and the enforced break resulting from the coronavirus pandemic.
The Gunners have signed Spanish defender Mari on a permanent basis even if the centre-back has sustained a season-ending ankle injury. The 26-year-old has suffered what the club describes as a "significant" setback after limping out of last Wednesday's 3-0 defeat at Manchester City after just 24 minutes.
Ceballos, 23, has had his loan from Real Madrid extended. The Spain midfielder has made 26 appearances for Arsenal this season, including 11 starts int he Premier League.
08.35 BST: Chelsea duo Willian and Pedro have both extended their contracts at Stamford Bridge until the end of the 2019-20 season, the club announced on Tuesday.
Both players were on deals that were due to expire on June 30, before the end of the prolonged 2019-20 season.
Premier League clubs had until the end of Tuesday June 23 to agree extensions with players who were out of contract, and Chelsea made the announcement at 20.20 BST.
Willian, 31, is reportedly keen to remain in the Premier League next season while Pedro, 32, has been the subject of interest from Roma.
08.00 BST: Barcelona coach Quique Setien admits Arthur Melo's performances could be suffering as a result of Juventus' interest in signing the midfielder.
ESPN revealed in May that Barca and Juve were in discussions over a swap deal which would see Miralem Pjanic move to Camp Nou and Arthur go the other way.
Sources have since told ESPN that the framework for an exchange -- which would see both players move in separate deals to allow the clubs to balance their books for the financial year -- is in place but that Arthur's reluctance to move to Italy is holding up an agreement.
Reports on Tuesday, hours before Arthur started Barca's 1-0 win against Athletic Bilbao, claimed Juve have agreed to pay €80 million for Brazil international, with Setien later conceding the speculation has become a cause for concern.
"If that's the case [that a deal is agreed], maybe it's affecting him," the Barca coach told a news conference after the Athletic game. "But I am happy with the work he's doing. He's an important player for us and we're trying to get best out of him.
"In these situations, we try to isolate ourselves from what's [being said]; things we can't control. We will speak with him to keep him focused. I understand it's a complicated situation but we have to be above it."
Leboeuf: Griezmann made the wrong choice going to Barca
Frank Leboeuf tries to comprehend what's gone wrong for Antoine Griezmann since joining Barcelona.
PAPER TALK (by Liam Wheeler): Juventus still eyeing Jorginho despite cost
That's according to the player's agent Joao Santos, who says he does not believe that any club can afford to splash out on Brazil midfielder.
Former Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri, now at Juventus, has previously managed Jorginho when the pair were at Napoli and is said to be keen to link up with the 28-year-old who has shone for the Blues this season.
But speaking to Calcio Mercato 24, Santos says a deal is unlikely due to the current uncertainty around the transfer market, while Frank Lampard is understandably unwilling to part with one of his star assets until a replacement has been lined up.
"I think it's very difficult for an offer to come in for Jorginho. There isn't a team at this moment that can make this type of investment at this time," Santos said.
Atleti interested in Dortmund midfielder Gotze
World Cup winner Gotze does not intend to sign a new contract with the Bundesliga side, meaning he would be available on a free transfer this summer.
That has caught the attention of Atletico boss Diego Simeone, with Los Colchoneros ready to tempt Gotze with an offer to make the switch to La Liga. However, wages could be an issue with Gotze's salary believed to be €10m a year -- five times the €2m that the Spanish side are prepared to spend.
Gotze, 28, struck Germany's winning goal in the 2014 World Cup final, but he has been limited to just 21 appearances this season, scoring three times.
- Premier League side Leicester City have agreed personal terms with Portugal international William Carvalho, Spanish outlet Marca reports. The Foxes will now look to negotiate a fee with the midfielder's current club, Real Betis, who signed Carvalho in a deal worth €20m in summer 2018.
- Chelsea left it late to tie down wingers Pedro and Willian on short-term contract extensions until the end of the season. According to the Daily Mail, Pedro's extension was seemingly hinged on decisions at AS Roma, with the report now saying the Spaniard will confirm his move to the Italian capital when the campaign finally draws to a close.
- It's been a long time since Jens Lehmann was last between the posts at Arsenal, but now the only post in the German's sights is the vacant managerial position at Scottish Championship side Dundee United. That's according to the Evening Telegraph, who report that the 50-year-old has thrown his hat into the ring as he looks to take his first steps into management.