The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.
TOP STORY: Man United join hunt for Gabriel
Gabriel, 22, has been targeted by several other Premier League clubs, with sources telling ESPN in April that Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton were all interested in the Brazil youth international, while Serie A sides Inter Milan and Napoli are also keen.
The centre-back, who made 34 appearances for Lille last season including all six of their Champions League group matches, is valued at €25m by the French club.
The Daily Record reports that Gabriel has been identified by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the left-sided centre-back to bolster United's defensive options.
22.45 BST: That will do it for our live transfer blog today folks, but tomorrow's paper round has already landed and we'll have that up shortly ahead of another full day of transfer rumours as the Premier League hits full-time on a most unusual 2019-20 campaign on Sunday.
22.05 BST: ESPN's Julie Foudy reacts to recent reports that say U.S. women's team member Sam Mewis has signed for Manchester City and that her teammate Rose Lavelle could be following her from the NWSL to the FA Women's Super League.
21.11 BST: One from Sport here, which is reporting that Barcelona are wary of a potential approach from Manchester United for rising star Ansu Fati. The 17-year-old signed a two-year contract extension with the Blaugrana last December that saw his release clause rise to €170m. However, Sport reports that Barca are now keen to officially promote Fati to the first team, which would see his buyout fee automatically jump to a whopping €400m in light of the United interest. Oh to be young and in demand.
20.22 BST: Earlier today we brought you news that Manchester United are unwilling to extend Alexis Sanchez's loan deal at Inter Milan because they want to get rid of the player permanently. Sky Sports reports that the Old Trafford outfit have similar feelings regarding Chris Smalling's loan to Roma. The report goes on to say that Roma are open to keeping Smalling on a permanent basis and that the two clubs will hopefully be able to negotiate a deal to keep the 30-year-old in Serie A for the foreseeable future.
19.31 BST: Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti is weighing a move for Barcelona defender Samuel Umtiti, according to Mundo Deportivo. The World Cup winner with France has made just 27 appearances in La Liga in the last two seasons as he battled injuries over the last two seasons and the Spanish outlet says it's now "inevitable" that he will leave. Arsenal, West Ham, Lyon, Marseille and Rennes have also been listed as potential suitors for Umtiti.
18.46 BST: Manchester United are keeping an eye on Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak, according to the Sun.
It is reported that Oblak is interested in a move away from Madrid after six years without winning the La Liga title.
United No. 1 David de Gea has endured a difficult season and is also under pressure from Sheffield United loanee Dean Henderson.
Chelsea are also keen on signing Oblak this summer but his release clause stands at €120m.
17.51 BST: The Guardian reports that Napoli have agreed an initial €60m transfer fee with Lille for Victor Osimhen.
The Nigeria international is on the verge of signing for the Serie A club on a five-year deal.
The transfer is set to become the most expensive transfer deal of the summer so far. Osimhen has enjoyed an impressive campaign with Lille contributing 18 goals in all competitions.
16.27 BST: Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman is on Manchester United's list of alternatives if they cannot secure a deal for Jadon Sancho this summer, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.
United are hopeful they can land Sancho, despite Borussia Dortmund's insistence it will take a bid of around £120m.
United believe that price tag is unrealistic in a transfer window impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and value the 20-year-old at closer to £80m.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to sign a winger to complement his other forwards and Coman, 24, has emerged as an option if a deal for Sancho cannot be agreed.
15.07 BST: Adam Lallana will leave Premier League champions Liverpool at the end of the season and it appears that he is on the verge of securing a transfer to Brighton.
An update. #BHAFC— Andy Naylor (@AndyNaylorBHAFC) July 25, 2020
Reliably informed Brighton will bring the former Southampton midfielder back south after six years at Liverpool on a contract until June 2023.
An announcement likely in the next two or three days. https://t.co/bzu7LmOOTu
14.39 BST: Borussia Dortmund signing Jude Bellingham has the world at his feet and could become one of England's key talents in the future. But how does he compare to new teammate Jadon Sancho?
Will Rose Lavelle join USWNT teammate Sam Mewis at Man City?
Julie Foudy reacts to Sam Mewis signing with Manchester City and Rose Lavelle being linked to the club.
13.19 BST: Barcelona will eventually listen to offers for Antoine Griezmann come September despite the club's official angle being that the forward is non-transferable, Mundo Deportivo reports.
The France international, who joined from Atletico Madrid for €120m last summer, has not had the impact expected at Barca.
Griezmann has scored 15 goals and set up four more in 46 appearances this season. The player's brother and father recently hit out at Barcelona coach Quique Setien on social media over Griezmann's limited playing time.
A reported target of Paris Saint-Germain, Griezmann, 29, is tied to Barca until June 2024.
12.40 BST: Real Madrid intend to collect at least €180m in this summer's transfer window by selling a host of players including Gareth Bale, James Rodriguez and Luka Jovic, according to Marca.
Madrid have already sold Javi Sanchez to Real Valladolid for €3.5m while Achraf Hakimi joined Inter Milan earlier this month for €40m.
The La Liga champions reportedly want to sell Jovic just one season after arriving at the Bernabeu stadium in a €65m transfer from Eintracht Frankfurt. The Serbia striker has failed to impress and Monaco are leading the race to sign him this summer.
Madrid also expect to sell James Rodriguez this summer. The Colombia winger, who was close to joining Atletico last summer, has one year left on his contract with Los Blancos and is a reported target of Benfica.
Dani Ceballos could see his loan spell at Arsenal become permanent this summer in an operation that would see Madrid collect €35m. Spanish defender Jesus Vallejo spent the last six months on loan at Granada and could return to Eintracht Frankfurt, the club where he played on loan in the 2016-17 campaign. Vallejo could leave for €15m.
Madrid are looking to pocket €20m for Oscar Rodriguez. The Spanish midfielder impressed while on loan at Leganes this season and is a target of Valencia and Villarreal. Takefusa Kubo, Sergio Reguilon and Martin Odegaard have enjoyed strong campaigns while on loan at Real Mallorca, Sevilla and Real Sociedad, respectively. The trio is expected to spend the 2020-21 campaign on loan.
Madrid's biggest challenge is to find a buyer for Bale with few clubs able to cover his wages. Los Blancos are hoping to find a suitor and save on the more than €30m that he will earn in wages in his final two seasons at Madrid. Bale's agent Jonathan Barnett has said the Welshman wants to stay at Madrid but has been frozen out of the team by coach Zinedine Zidane.
12.05 BST: Crystal Palace will let star forward Wilfried Zaha leave this summer if the club receives an offer of between £30m and £40m for the Ivory Coast international, The Times reports.
Arsenal offered them £40m for Zaha last summer, but at the time the club rejected that bid as they valued him closer to £70m.
Palace manager Roy Hodgson said: "Wilf has made it clear, ever since I came to the club really, that he would relish a move and would like to move on and find some pastures new.
"But he's a very valuable player and the club realises his value and appreciates his value and so really everything will depend I guess, as it always does, [on] what sort of offers the club is going to receive for him and how they will equate that with the need to keep him or the need, maybe, to satisfy his wishes, and allow him to go after giving good service to the club for a period of time.
"Quite frankly, I've got no answer to that question, it will be all a matter, I guess, of seeing what transpires."
11.32 BST: Barcelona is in advanced talks to extend the contract of goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Barca's priority before the start of the new season is to tie Ter Stegen's future to the club. The Germany international, who signed for Barca in the summer of 2014 from Borussia Monchengladbach, is tied to Barca until June 2022.
Barca left to one side Ter Stegen's contract talks due to the coronavirus pandemic but the negotiations have now restarted.
Ter Stegen has been offered a three-year contract extension which will also see an improvement in his wages. The 28-year-old is keen to remain at the Camp Nou. The 28-year-old has kept 15 clean sheets in 44 appearances for Barca this season.
10.57 BST: Lawrence Thomas has likely made his final appearance in a Melbourne Victory shirt, sources have told ESPN.
According to those with knowledge of the situation, the 28-year-old goalkeeper, who has previously been linked with moves to the Middle East and Japan, is set to complete a move to a European club in the coming days.
When that deal goes through, he will be the fourth player to depart Victory since the A-League's COVID-19 enforced hiatus -- club captain Ola Toivonen, Jakob Poulsen and Tim Hoogland having already taken their leave.
10.26 BST: Inter Milan are working on extending Alexis Sanchez's loan spell beyond Aug. 5, according to Sky Italia.
The Italian club reached an agreement with Manchester United for the Chile forward to remain in Milan until the end of the Serie A season.
However, Inter want to have Sanchez available for their Europa League campaign. Sky Italia reports that Manchester United are unwilling to extend Sanchez's loan beyond next month unless Inter are willing to acquire the player on a permanent basis.
Inter are reportedly looking to reach a long-term agreement for Sanchez and are looking to get the player on board in order to convince United to reach an understanding.
Sanchez is tied to United for a further two seasons and could be willing to lower his £21m annual salary in order to facilitate his permanent transfer to Inter. The 31-year-old arrived at the Milan club last summer looking for a spark to his career. Due largely to injuries, Sanchez did not live up to expectations after arriving at United from Arsenal in January 2018.
Sanchez was sidelined for three months due to an ankle injury earlier this season but has been a key player for Inter since football resumed following the coronavirus lockdown. He has scored three goals and set up nine goals in 19 league appearances.
09.48 BST: Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren is close to leaving Anfield for Russian club Zenit St Petersburg, according to Sky Sports.
The 31-year-old centre-back, who has won the Premier League and Champions League in his six years at Liverpool, is available for a fee of £11m.
Croatia international Lovren had initially been a regular for the Reds upon joining from Southampton but is now behind Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip in the pecking order for coach Jurgen Klopp.
09.00 BST: Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero is wanted by Everton and Leeds United, sources have told ESPN.
Everton are keen to add competition for Jordan Pickford while Leeds are putting together their transfer plans as they prepare for their first season in the Premier League since 2004 after winning promotion from the Championship.
Both clubs are interested in Romero, who is No.2 behind David de Gea at Old Trafford. Romero, 33, has an incredible record of 38 clean sheets in 59 games since arriving in 2015 after spells with Racing Club, AZ Alkmaar, Sampdoria and Monaco.
He was unexpectedly left out of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team for the FA Cup semifinal against Chelsea, having played in every other round this season.
De Gea was picked in his place and made two crucial mistakes as United slumped to a 3-1 defeat. Romero, capped 96 times by Argentina, is under contract until 2021 and the club hold an option to extend the deal for an additional 12 months.
PAPER TALK (by Nick Judd): Havertz has 'gentleman's agreement' for Chelsea move
Kai Havertz has an agreement in place with Bayer Leverkusen that will enable him to leave the club this summer and join Chelsea, according to Bild journalist Christian Falk on the Byline Podcast.
Falk believes that because Leverkusen failed to finish in the top four of the Bundesliga -- defeat on the final day meaning they had to settle for a Europa League place -- the German star has an unwritten agreement that enables him to talk to other clubs.
Havertz is desperate to play Champions League football next season and though Leverkusen could still qualify by winning the Europa League, the 21-year-old appears keen to sort his future as soon as possible.
Leverkusen value their star man at £90 million, Chelsea at £70m, so there is clearly work to be done, but he remains one of Frank Lampard's top targets.
Messi to Milan rumours resurface
Following rumours on Thursday from Italian outlet Rai that Lionel Messi could be moving to Internazionale next summer, Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting this the Argentine's father Jorge, also his agent, has found a house in the Porta Nova region of the Italian fashion capital.
Messi has been linked with a move to the Nerazzurri before and it is well known that Inter president Massimo Moratti is keen to land the marquee signing for his club.
Messi's contract expires ahead of the 2021-22 season and has not held back his frustrations over a disappointing season at Barca. However, Messi's entourage have dismissed the rumours and have stated that Messi isn't planning on moving on from Camp Nou any time soon.
Messi is on holiday and has been pictured with Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez in Ibiza, and it could just be Messi Sr. looking for a home in Milan. Or maybe the thought of Lionel at the San Siro isn't such a "forbidden dream," as Morratti once stated.
Barca happy to play Lautaro waiting game
Milan remain keen to keep their forward in Italy but Barca are keeping calm about the prospect of taking the hitman to the Camp Nou, despite negotiations so far failing to seal the deal.
Martinez has made it clear that he wants to join Barcelona and it would seem that talks will resume in early August, with a cash-plus-player deal the most likely to get over the line.
The rumours of Martinez's exit appear to have hampered Inter's form in the latter stages of the Serie A season, and Barca will need Inter to find a suitable replacement before the Catalans have any hopes of landing their No.1 target.
- AC Milan are keen to sign Emerson Royal, a player co-owned by Real Betis and Barcelona, and though negotiations have started at the Rossoneri's offices, no deal has been reached as yet. Barca are keen to recoup €30m for the Brazilian winger, as they would need to pay Betis compensation, but Mundo Deportivo believe €25m could get the deal done.
- Napoli and Marseille are both interested in signing Sassuolo attacking midfielder Jeremie Boga, according to Le10sport. Marseille need to sell players before they can pursue Boga, which leaves Napoli in pole position as negotiations are believed to have already started. Napoli are said to be offering around €25m, though Sassuolo are keen to get €10m more. With Napoli having spent €60m on Victor Osimhen, it would appeas as though more negotiations are needed.