TOP STORY: Liverpool go after Schalke's Kabak
The 20-year-old Turkish centre-back has been at the heart of the Reds' pursuit for a new defender in the wake of Dejan Lovren's move away from Anfield.
Lovren has joined Zenit St Petersburg for almost £11 million, and in response to that, Liverpool will attempt to try and make the signing of Kabak a reality.
For now, though, Schalke are demanding a fee of at least £31.8m before agreeing to sell the youngster.
23.00 BST: That will do it for the latest edition of our LIVE Transfer Talk blog. We hoped you enjoyed following along with us and remind you to check back shortly for the latest transfer rumours, reports and completed deals. Goodnight!
22.49 BST: Newly-promoted Leeds are expected to be active in the transfer market, with striker identified as the position in the biggest need of an upgrade.
Patrick Bamford scored 16 goals this past season in the Championship but Leeds are expected to make a splash, with high-profile frontmen such as Edinson Cavani linked. Gent president Ivan De Witte has revealed that Leeds have launched an official £27 million bid for his star young striker Jonathan David.
The 20-year-old Canadian, who Arsenal and Man United have reportedly held talks about, scored 23 goals and added 10 assists this past season and has been tipped for a move to one of Europe's Big Five leagues. Gent reportedly want at least €30m for the striker and have already rejected a €23m bid from Lille.
Speaking to De Zondag, Gent chairman De Witte said:
"I have only expressed my annoyance that contacts have been made with Lille behind our back.
"There were no contacts last week, but that they have made a transfer impossible because of that is a bridge too far.
"The contacts were stopped this week, but other clubs are still interested. With much better proposals even. Including Leeds."
22.03 BST: Brighton have finally announced they have signed attacker Adam Lallana from Liverpool.
😁 It's official!— Brighton & Hove Albion (@OfficialBHAFC) July 27, 2020
✍️ Albion are delighted to announce the signing of Adam Lallana on a three-year contract!#BHAFC 🔵⚪️
The 32-year-old England man started just three league games this campaign and returns to the South Coast, where he previously played with Southampton. Lallana scored 22 goals in 178 games for the Reds and won the Premier League, Champions League and Club World Cup during his six seasons at Anfield.
21.14 BST: Man City have been linked with some high-profile defenders like Kalidou Koulibaly and Caglar Soyuncu but could their next defensive signing come from Cardiff City?
WalesOnline writes that City are ready to make a shock move for Cardiff right-back Cameron Coxe on a free. The Wales Under-21 international, who was axed by Cardiff at the start of July, has played just four times for the Bluebirds but is reportedly highly-regarded by Manchester City's scouting department.
Following Coxe's release, Cardiff boss Neil Harris said: "You look at players at 21, 22 or 23 and they are still playing under-23s football, sometimes you just have to let them go and get on with their careers."
20.22 BST: D.C. United and winger Paul Arriola have agreed to a contract extension that will keep the USMNT member at the club through at least the 2023 season.
The 25-year-old, who is out injured this season after tearing his ACL in preseason, has produced 14 goals and 12 assists in 68 games with United since arriving in 2017. Arriola's new contract will run through 2023 and also contains a one-year option for the 2024 campaign.
19.36 BST: Leicester's James Maddison was expected to be one of the big names to move this summer but the England man has done a U-turn and signed a contract extension to stay at the club.
Maddison, 23, has signed a new deal through 2025 with the Foxes, which will see him earn £95,000-a-week, according to The Sun. Maddison, who had been linked with a move to Manchester United, has scored 16 goals and dished out 10 assists in his two seasons at the King Power Stadium.
18.59 BST: Is Kepa Arrizabalaga's time at Chelsea coming to an end?
After the £71.6 million goalkeeper was dropped in favour of Willy Caballero for Chelsea's final game of the season, the Daily Mail has learned that Chelsea are willing to listen to offers of over £50m for the Spanish goalkeeper. If they are unable to sell the 25-year-old on a permanent basis they would also be willing to sanction a long-term loan for the player, granted the interested club was willing to pay a significant amount of Kepa's wages.
Ajax's Andre Onana and Burnley's Nick Pope are two goalkeepers who have been linked with a move to Chelsea.
18.03 BST: U.S. youth international Sebastian Soto, who is in the process of completing a move to Norwich City, is set to immediately join Dutch side SC Telstar on loan, sources tell ESPN's Jeff Carlisle.
The 19-year-old, whose contract with Hannover 96 recently expired, is rated as one of America's to prospects and scored four goals last summer for the U.S. at the Under-20 World Cup in Poland. A prolific goalscorer with Hannover's U19s, Soto made five senior appearances with the Bundesliga club.
17.09 BST: Real Madrid are fresh off an impressive La Liga title-winning season but Florentino Perez is not one to rest on his laurels.
Sources tell ESPN that the Spanish giants are closely monitoring the progress of Sevilla centre-back Jules Kounde. The 21-year-old, who Sevilla signed for a club-record €27.5 million last summer, is fresh off an impressive debut season in Spain and has reportedly caught the eye of countryman Zinedine Zidane.
While Madrid are very strong at centre-back with Sergio Ramos and Raphael Varane, Zidane reportedly wants more depth at the position and with Ramos now 34, Kounde could eventually be lined up as the Spaniard's successor. Madrid also have Eder Militao in the fold at centre-back and have also been linked with Kounde's centre-back partner at Sevilla, Diego Carlos.
16.30 BST: Leicester's James Maddison hasn't been in the transfer rumour mill much recently ... and he's not again.
Instead it's a potential €14m replacement for him: former Paris Saint-Germain youngster Yacine Adli.
Adli, 19, was once of interest to Arsenal but moved to Bordeaux and now has Leicester and West Ham on his trail according to a radio show in France.
15.50 BST: Aston Villa captain Jack Grealish is being tracked by Manchester United, but he's kept his boyhood club in the Premier League so might he stay next season?
14.56 BST: Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard is urging the club to make a last-ditch offer to keep Willian at the club before his contract expires, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.
The 31-year-old is free to leave the club after Saturday's FA Cup final having agreed only a short-term extension to cover the end of the campaign. Talks over a longer-term deal have been deadlocked for months with Chelsea only willing to offer Willian a two-year contract while the Brazilian has insisted he wants a minimum of three years.
However, Lampard has been adamant that he wants Willian to stay at the club and is believed to have given the midfielder assurances he will play a key role next season despite the €44m arrival of Hakim Ziyech from Ajax.
14.30 BST: Tottenham defender Japhet Tanganga has signed a new contract until 2025.
Henderson, 23, is set for talks over an improved contract according to the MEN. But the Englishman isn't likely to replace David De Gea as United's No. 1 yet, so may have to go out on loan again for next season.
Henderson reportedly wants to play first-team football for United and is contracted to the club until 2022, with the option of an additional year. But Chelsea are monitoring the situation just in case he can't agree to extend his stay.
Hutchison: De Bruyne is the best in the Premier League
Don Hutchison lauds Man City's Kevin De Bruyne for his play in the Premier League this season.
12.24 BST: Manchester United will push ahead with their move to sign Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho after confirming their place in next season's Champions League, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson.
Sancho remains United's top summer target and executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and chief negotiator Matt Judge will now set about agreeing a fee with Borussia Dortmund. The Bundesliga side have so far stuck rigidly to their valuation of £118m but United are hopeful of reaching a compromise of £80m plus a series of achievable add-ons.
Liverpool and Real Madrid have both shown tentative interest in the past, but sources said that they are not in a position to bid this summer. Sancho's former club Manchester City have the right to match any bid accepted by Dortmund but do not have a buy-back clause.
Dortmund are reportedly preparing for the 20-year-old's exit this summer, though the club's sporting director Michael Zorc told Kicker: "We expect Jadon back in Dortmund for the beginning of preseason on Thursday."
Cunha, 21, made just 11 league appearances, scoring five goals and putting on two assists, but has impressed enough for clubs to take note.
PSG are set to make contact with the Brazilian and Hertha in the coming days, while Bild said the player has already been approached over a potential transfer to the French capital. Inter Milan are also said to be monitoring the situation.
However, backed by a fresh cash injection from investor Lars Windhorst, Hertha are one of the few German clubs not greatly affected by the economic crisis amid the coronavirus pandemic. And thus, they will not have to force the sale of Cunha to generate funds.
Gladbach have qualified for the 2020-21 Champions League and have said in the past they will not sell any key players this summer. The 26-year-old defender told Bild that he "made the next step at Gladbach" and still wants to "achieve a lot" at the Borussia Park.
11.05 BST: Bournemouth have been relegated, but should they be searching for a new manager?
Appreciating David Silva's impact at Man City
Steve Nicol and Don Hutchison explain how David Silva makes football look so easy while on the pitch.
10.33 BST: Dayot Upamecano looks set to stay at RB Leipzig next season after reportedly penning a new deal at the Bundesliga side.
Upamecano's contract was up in June 2021 but according to Sportbuzzer, the young French defender has signed an extension. His previous deal reportedly contained a release clause of around €60m.
Messi's contract with Barca ends in June 2021 and the two parties have yet to agree on a contract renewal. Marotta told Sky Italia: "That's just fantasy football, he is absolutely not an aim of ours. I think he is focused on continuing his football career at Barcelona."
Marotta, meanwhile, says his club's focus right now is on extending Alexis Sanchez's loan spell at least until the end of the season. Inter and Manchester United reached a deal to extend the Chilean forward's loan until the end of the Serie A campaign. As it stands, Sanchez will have to return to Manchester on Aug. 5 and not compete with Inter in the Europa League.
"This is an anomalous issue, considering that even the Europa League can be altered by the absence of certain players," he said. "The situation is not resolved, we are negotiating and we would like to keep it at least for the whole Europa League."
09.39 BST: Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen has confirmed he is leaving the club.
So my time at the club comes to an end. A sad day for many reasons. I will miss the friends I've made here, the staff that make the club run, playing at the amazing new stadium & of course you fans. pic.twitter.com/qyEOlNmgFx— Jan Vertonghen (@JanVertonghen) July 27, 2020
According to the Portuguese outlet, Lage, who has been out of a job since resigning from Benfica last month, is in advanced negotiations to replace Dean Smith.
Smith guided Aston Villa to Premier League safety on the final day of the season with a 1-1 draw at West Ham. Lage, 44, has already worked in England as an assistant to Carlos Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday and at Swansea.
The Argentina forward recently revealed that he had been a target of Manchester United and Tottenham last summer but that his wish is to continue at Juventus beyond his current deal, which expires in June 2022.
Paratici told Sky Italia: "We often talk to his entourage and we are moving forward, despite all the difficulties related to the commitments and movements due to the games that are played every three days. Even in this period we are talking quite frequently and we are well under way."
Dybala, 26, has scored 11 goals and set up 11 more in 33 league appearances to help Juventus win its ninth successive Serie A title.
08.34 BST: Now that Manchester United have sealed Champions League football, Borussia Dortmund are preparing for the exit of Jadon Sancho.
The 22-year-old Frenchman has impressed in Ligue 1 and is reported to be keen to move on to a bigger club.
Barnes, 22, has spent time on loan at MK Dons, Barnsley and West Brom over the past few years but has become a Leicester regular now. As such, his form has caught the eye of Jurgen Klopp.
Should Bournemouth keep Eddie Howe as manager?
Steve Nicol weighs the positives and negatives of Bournemouth keeping Eddie Howe as they get relegated.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Man United interested in Oblak?
The Blues are said to be interested in pursuing a move for Oblak, who reportedly wants a new challenge away from La Liga, but United are now also in the running to take him off the Spanish giants' hands.
Oblak's release clause stands at around €120m, but with Atletico being in need of some cash, they could be willing to accept a smaller fee.
Either way, it appears as if his days in Madrid are numbered.
Lille's Gabriel to Old Trafford
Manchester United are also ready to make a late bid for Gabriel Magalhaes, the Daily Express reports.
The Lille defender has been attracting a great deal of attention over the course of the last few months, with Napoli recently putting forward a bid worth £100m with Victor Osimhen also being involved in the potential move.
As it turns out, however, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to bring in a defensive partner for Harry Maguire -- and Gabriel is at the top of his hit list.
- Le10 Sport is reporting that Real Madrid could pursue a move for Nice defender Youcef Atal during the summer transfer window. While this season may have been a successful one already for the Spanish champions, manager Zinedine Zidane is believed to be a big admirer of the 24-year-old. As such, an official move could be imminent in the next few weeks.
- Burnley manager Sean Dyche has held talks with the club regarding their transfer strategy this summer, Sky Sports reports. In the wake of multiple rumours regarding his own future in Lancashire, Dyche has confirmed that he has already spoken with higher-ups at the club in order to determine what their transfer strategy will be between now and the new campaign.