LONDON -- John Terry has said Chelsea have made no new effort to open talks over a contract extension, but the captain stressed that he wanted to stay at Stamford Bridge.
Speaking after his side's 5-1 FA Cup win over MK Dons last weekend, Terry told reporters that he expected to end his 18-year professional career with the Blues in the summer after being informed that the club had declined to offer him an extension to his current deal..
Chelsea subsequently issued a statement saying no final decision had been made about the 35-year-old's future and that "channels of dialogue" would remain open.
But speaking to Sky Sports after Chelsea's 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Sunday, Terry said the two parties had not spoken since his announcement at stadium:mk.
Asked whether the club had made an attempt to re-open talks, Terry replied: "It's a difficult one. The club's the most important thing. There's no communication between us at the minute.
"I said what I had to say, and that's how it was -- but more importantly, we have to start winning football matches and getting up the league.
"We're disappointed to be where we are but the fans have been brilliant, stuck with us through thick and thin. The Champions League is coming too, so we've got to improve."
Asked whether he would welcome a resumption of talks, Terry said: "I made it very clear -- I wanted to stay."
The former England defender has made it clear that Terry is adamant that he will not play for another Premier League club if he leaves Stamford Bridge and has been linked with a summer move to clubs in MLS, the Middle East and China.
Last week, interim Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink said nobody was irreplaceable but added that Terry had made a "huge impact" on and off the pitch.
He added: "We'll see what will happen in the future but if [he does leave], what we like is that new leaders are coming up."