<
>

Juventus star Paolo Dybala cleared while Torino player tests positive

play
Artist creates portrait of Cristiano Ronaldo using only her feet (0:59)

Fateme Hamami, who has 85 percent paralysis of her body, dedicates a piece of artwork to Cristiano Ronaldo. (0:59)

Juventus have announced that forward Paulo Dybala has recovered from the coronavirus while city rivals Torino stated an unidentified player tested positive.

- Stream new episodes of ESPN FC Monday-Friday on ESPN+
- Stream every episode of 30 for 30: Soccer Stories on ESPN+

Juventus issued a brief statement Wednesday saying that Dybala's two latest tests came back negative for COVID-19. The club says Dybala has "therefore recovered and will no longer be subjected to the home isolation regime.''

It was reported last week that Argentina international Dybala was still positive for the disease after several weeks of tests.

Meanwhile, Torino did not give further details on which player tested positive.

"During the first medical examinations carried out on the players of Torino FC, a positive result emerged for COVID-19," the club said on its website on Wednesday."The player, currently asymptomatic, was immediately placed in quarantine and will be constantly monitored."

The club's president Urbano Cairo said last week that the league should already be thinking about next season.

Juventus and most of the other Serie A clubs are resuming training this week on an individual basis before full team training restarts on May 18. Cristiano Ronaldo returned to Italy earlier this week after staying in his Portuguese hometown of Madeira with his girlfriend and children for the entirety of the lockdown.

Information from Reuters was used in this report.