Barcelona have struck a deal with Fluminense attacking midfielder Gerson, according to the Blaugrana's representative in Brazil.
The Brazil youth international has agreed on a five-year accord with the current Champions League holders, with no stipulated time for the 18-year-old to swap teams as the player has not yet been sold by the Rio side.
"We have agreed to a five-year contract with Gerson, without a fixed date for him to arrive in Europe," Andre Cury told Globo on Wednesday. "We'll depend on [Fluminense president Peter Siemsen] to sell him."
"When he wants to sell, he'll say: 'I want to sell for X.'"
Barcelona, who are serving a transfer ban that prevents new signings from representing the club until January, had purchased rights of first refusal on Gerson and fellow Flu youth products Kenedy and Marlon earlier in the year.
Speaking in an interview earlier in the month, the player's father, Marcos Antonio da Silva, stated the highly-regarded left-footer would be heading to the Camp Nou in January -- an assertion Cury seemed to back on Wednesday.
"The president [Siemsen] hasn't given us a price. He said he wasn't interested in selling the player this year." Cury said.
Gerson, who has been a regular starter with Fluminense since February, is considered one of the most promising young players currently in Brazil. However he was left out of Brazil's Under-20 World Cup runners-up campaign this summer.
ESPN Brasil was informed earlier this month that Barca had offered €20 million for Gerson and, while Juventus had made a superior offer, the player always preferred a move to the Camp Nou.