Everton forward Steven Naismith has emphasised the club are looking ahead to a future with John Stones in the team.
The Toffees have rejected bids of £20 million, £26 million and £30 million from Chelsea for Stones, sources have told ESPN FC.
And according to Press Association Sport, the Merseyside outfit's stance on the matter has not changed -- that Stones is not for sale, which was something stressed last week by Everton boss Roberto Martinez.
Naismith told Press Association Sport on Tuesday: "We definitely want him to stay -- he is a fantastic guy and footballer, and a mainstay in our team. You want your best players to be here to hopefully continue bringing success to Everton.
"He has progressed rapidly in the last two years and we want him to continue that under the leadership of the manager and also Phil Jagielka -- I'm sure 'Stonesey' would be the first to say he learns so much from him on a day-to-day basis.''
Then asked if Everton could cope with the loss should further bids lead to Stones' departure, Naismith said: "I think the club's stance on it has been pretty straightforward and the manager is looking forward with 'Stonesey' in the team.
"The manager has mentioned wanting to bring in three more players in to strengthen, and I don't think anyone has ever thought about 'Stonesey' moving on.''
Martinez earlier this month said Stones had been affected by Chelsea's interest, but he subsequently praised the player's focus in Everton's opening match of the season -- a 2-2 Premier League home draw against Watford on Aug. 8.
And Naismith added: "John has gone about his business day-to-day in training in such a professional manner. He has then taken that into the games, because he has been one of the stronger performers in the team since the start of the season.''
Speculation of Chelsea returning for Stones has heightened after John Terry was substituted at half-time by Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho for the first time in 177 Premier League games during Sunday's 3-0 loss at Manchester City.