Caen have confirmed that Tigres have made an approach to sign Andy Delort amid reports that fellow French striker Andre-Pierre Gignac wants to leave the Liga MX club.
Delort, 24, has not joined Caen for their pre-season training camp and the French side's general manager Xavier Gravelaine has confirmed that Tigres had been in touch about the former Wigan forward.
"At the request of Andy and his agent, I agreed to meet representatives of Tigres in Paris," Gravelaine told L'Equipe.
"I explained to them that Andy was not for sale unless there was an offer we couldn't refuse.
"We received a proposal that was very far from what we can hope for. Since then we haven't had any news."
Delort topscored for Caen with 12 goals in Ligue 1 last season.
The player has three years left on his current contract and, according to L'Equipe, Caen are unlikely to sell him for less than €10 million. Tigres are preparing a third offer, according to ESPN sources.
"He's shown an interest in moving to Mexico," Gravelaine said. "But there's also the interest of the club to take into account."
France Football claims that Delort was suggested to Tigres by Gignac himself because the France international is keen on a new challenge after spending only one year in Mexico.
#UnTigreNuncaDejaSoloAOtroTigre Nos vemos pronto ��������
- Gignac Andre-pierre (@10APG) July 11, 2016
But a Tweet from Gignac could leave Tigres fans hoping that the French magazine's report was wide of the mark.
Gignac wrote "we'll see each other soon," using a hashtag which stated that "one Tiger never abandons another," in response to a message from a Mexican TV actor.