Nicklas Bendtner's future at Wolfsburg could be in doubt after the striker was fined for being 50 minutes late for training on Tuesday.
Bendtner, 28, joined Wolfsburg on a three-year deal in the summer of 2014 and has since been unable to deliver on the expectations -- only last month the club's sporting director Klaus Allofs branded his career at the club a "failure" -- and, according to reports, the forward will no longer play for the Bundesliga club.
Bendtner last played for Wolfsburg in the 3-0 defeat at Schalke in early February, and has since failed to make the squad.
In mid-February, he posted a photo of himself on Instagram getting into a Mercedes -- rivals to Die Wolfe's owners Volkswagen.
"It's misconduct and it's careless, which at the end of the day will cost [Bendtner] money," Allof told Sport 1 back in February.
A photo posted by Nicklas Bendtner (@bendtner3) on
On Tuesday Bendtner failed to arrive for a training session in time, and when finally getting there 50 minutes after the session started he was told to train individually by the club.
"Nicklas arrived late for the morning's training session and then trained individually. We'll resolve the matter internally. It's a fact that misconduct will always entail consequences," Allofs told kicker on Tuesday.
Bendtner has been banned from team training, according to local paper WAZ, and the paper says that the Dane will not play for Wolfsburg again.
Elsewhere, attacker Bas Dost has resumed training at Wolfsburg some two months after suffering a foot fracture in the club's winter training camp.
The Netherlands international is eyeing a return for his club after the upcoming international break when Wolfsburg visit Bayer Leverkusen.
"That would be great," Dost told WAZ, and added that he wants to score "seven goals in the seven matches I have left."