|a - S. BrownPH-LF||1-2||2||1||1||0||0||1||8||.375||.434||.563|
a-struck out looking for Pinder in the 7th
- 2B:Murphy 3 (3, Gibaut, Springs, Burke)
- HR:Davis 2 (22, 2nd inning off Burke 0 on, 1 Out, 3rd inning off Burke 2 on, 2 Out); Semien (29, 9th inning off Springs 1 on, 2 Out); Olson (33, 1st inning off Burke 0 on, 2 Out); Laureano (22, 6th inning off Gibaut 2 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:Davis 4 (70), Semien 2 (83), Olson (82), Laureano 4 (63), Neuse 3 (5)
- 2Out RBI:Davis (3), Semien (2), Olson, Laureano (3), Neuse (3)
- Team RISP:4-11 (Profar 0-1, Davis 1-1, Canha 0-1, Semien 0-2, Murphy 0-1, Pinder 0-1, Laureano 1-1, Neuse 2-3)
- Team LOB:6
- E:Profar (13, throw); Neuse (1, ground ball)
|J.B. Wendelken (W, 2-1)||3.0||0||0||0||0||2||0||34-23||3.82||34|
|A.J. Puk (H, 2)||2.0||0||0||0||0||1||0||24-13||2.45||24|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Treinen 5/7; Bassitt 13/17; Wendelken 6/9; Puk 4/6
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Treinen-4-1-4-4; Bassitt-13-6-16-13; Wendelken-7-3-6-7; Puk-4-1-3-4
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Treinen 0-2; Bassitt 4-4; Wendelken 6-1; Puk 3-2
- Game Scores:C Bassitt 25
- 2B:Guzmán (19, Bassitt)
- HR:Choo (22, 2nd inning off Bassitt 2 on, 2 Out); Santana (25, 3rd inning off Bassitt 2 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:Choo 3 (56), Andrus 2 (67), Santana 3 (71), Guzmán (32)
- 2Out RBI:Choo (3), Andrus (2), Guzmán
- Team RISP:5-10 (Choo 1-2, Andrus 1-1, DeShields 0-1, Santana 1-1, Odor 0-1, Guzmán 1-1, Calhoun 0-1, Trevino 1-2)
- Team LOB:3
- SB:Santana (16, 2nd base off Bassitt/Murphy)
|I. Gibaut (L, 1-1)||1.0||2||3||3||1||2||1||24-13||4.05||24|
- IBB:Semien (by Gibaut).
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Kelley 0/5; Guerrieri 3/5; Sampson 6/8; Springs 6/7; Gibaut 2/6; Burke 8/16
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Kelley-1-4-3-3; Guerrieri-3-1-4-2; Sampson-6-4-7-5; Springs-2-3-5-7; Gibaut-4-2-4-2; Burke-13-4-16-12
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Kelley 1-2; Guerrieri 1-1; Sampson 0-4; Springs 0-3; Gibaut 0-1; Burke 3-4
- Game Scores:B Burke 24
|1st||Olson homered to right center (395 feet).||1||0|
|2nd||Davis homered to center (432 feet).||2||0|
|2nd||Neuse singled to left, Murphy scored, Neuse to second.||3||0|
|2nd||Guzmán doubled to right, Santana scored.||3||1|
|2nd||Choo homered to left (409 feet), Guzmán scored and Trevino scored.||3||4|
|3rd||Davis homered to right (388 feet), Laureano scored and Canha scored.||6||4|
|3rd||Santana homered to right (426 feet), Calhoun scored and Solak scored.||6||7|
|4th||Laureano hit sacrifice fly to right, Murphy scored.||7||7|
|6th||Laureano homered to left (414 feet), Murphy scored and Semien scored.||10||7|
|9th||Neuse singled to center, Brown scored and Murphy scored.||12||7|
|9th||Semien homered to center (414 feet), Neuse scored.||14||7|
|9th||Andrus singled to shallow center, DeShields scored and Odor scored, Guzmán to second.||14||9|
Yu Darvish wondering real reason behind 2017 World Series meltdown
In the aftermath of the Astros' cheating scandal, a big question lingers for former Dodgers pitcher Yu Darvish, who was rocked by Houston during the 2017 World Series: "Was I tipping [pitches], or were they stealing [signs]?"
Red Sox CEO says no notable progress in search; fans back Jason Varitek
While Red Sox CEO Sam Kennedy said no real progress has been made in the team's search for Alex Cora's replacement, fans at the team's winter carnival chanted "Hire Tek!" -- a nod to former captain Jason Varitek.
Astros owner Jim Crane expects to hire new manager by Feb. 3
Houston Astros owner Jim Crane said Friday that he expects to hire a manager to replace AJ Hinch by Feb. 3. Hinch and general manager Jeff Luhnow were fired Monday after both were suspended by Major League Baseball for the team's sign-stealing scandal.
Former Kansas City Royals owner David Glass dies at 84
David Glass, who bought the Kansas City Royals in 2000, died last week at the age of 84, the team announced. Under Glass' ownership, the team reached the World Series in 2014 and won the title in 2015.
Rockies to retire Larry Walker's jersey on April 19
The Rockies will retire Larry Walker's No. 33 jersey on April 19, joining Todd Helton (17) as the only players to be so honored by the team.
Jack McDowell says Tony La Russa had sign-stealing system with White Sox in '80s
Former White Sox pitcher Jack McDowell, who never played for Tony La Russa, said a camera-aided sign-stealing system was set up by the Hall of Fame manager prior to his being fired, and that was used after McDowell made his debut in 1987.