The regular season for the Korea Baseball Organization, the highest level of baseball in South Korea, is in full swing, making the KBO one of the first major professional sports leagues to return to action during the coronavirus pandemic.
For those just getting familiar with the Korean baseball league, it's action-packed baseball filled with home runs, bat flips (lots and lots of bat flips), former MLB players and Korean-born stars who could follow the path of Hyun-Jin Ryu and Ji-Man Choi from the KBO to major league stardom.
You can watch the action with six regular-season English-language broadcast games per week, airing primarily on ESPN at 5:30 a.m. ET Tuesdays through Fridays, 5 a.m. ET on Saturdays and 4 a.m. ET on Sundays.
KBO on ESPN broadcast schedule
(All times ET and all games on ESPN -- except where noted -- and for streaming via the ESPN App)
Thursday, Aug. 13
5:30 a.m.: Kia Tigers vs. LG Twins
Friday, Aug. 14
5:30 a.m.: LG Twins vs. NC Dinos
Saturday, Aug. 15
4 a.m.: Kiwoom Heroes vs. Lotte Giants
Sunday, Aug. 16
4 a.m.: LG Twins vs. NC Dinos
ESPN's KBO Power Rankings
1. NC Dinos: 47-26-2 (Last week: 1) -- The Dinos went 2-2 and had their third straight week without a winning record, allowing Kiwoom to trim NC's once-comfortable lead to three games.
2. Kiwoom Heroes: 48-33 (2) -- Kiwoom has won 10 of its last 12 games, and the Heroes play three against last-place Hanwha this week, giving them a chance to apply more pressure on the Dinos.
3. LG Twins: 43-35-1 (4) -- LG's Eun-Sung Chae is on a serious roll, going 21-for-50 (.420) with 22 RBIs in 11 games since being recalled from the minors. Chae had been in a 4-for-43 slump before being sent down.
4. Doosan Bears: 43-33-2 (3) -- The Bears were stuck in the mud last week with two rainouts and two ties. Perhaps KBO should try putting a runner on second to start extra innings?
5. Kia Tigers: 40-35 (5) -- Kia had a challenging week, facing the Dinos and Twins, and wound up 2-3. The Tigers get another shot at the Twins with another three-game set this week.
6. KT Wiz: 39-35-1 (6) -- Mel Rojas Jr. continues to rake -- since July 4, he is hitting .427 and has at least two hits in 11 of 24 games. For the year, he leads KBO with a .392 average, 28 homers, 72 RBIs and a 1.223 OPS in 75 games.
7. Lotte Giants: 38-35-1 (8) -- Despite nine rainouts over the last month, the Giants have kept trudging forward, with a 13-7-1 record (2-0-1 last week) leading to a steady climb toward a playoff spot.
8. Samsung Lions: 37-40-1 (7) -- Samsung has been slumping for a few weeks now, but had some fun when 19-year-old rookie Ji Chan Kim, who stands 5 foot 4, hit his first career homer, then got a serious silent treatment when he returned to the dugout.
Standing only 5 foot 4 inches, Samsung's 19-year old rookie Kim Ji-chan hit his first career home run tonight and the dugout gave him the silent treatment for a few minutes pic.twitter.com/gBj9NAhcga— Dan Kurtz (@MyKBO) August 7, 2020
9. SK Wyverns: 25-52-1 (9) -- SK reliever Jae-Hoon Ha likely is out for the season with a shoulder injury. After leading KBO with 36 saves last season, Ha signed a deal that gave him the biggest bump in pay in league history, going from 27 million won to 150 million won ($126,370 US). This year he had a 7.62 ERA, 2.08 WHIP and was part of a bullpen that has been a huge part of the Wyverns' surprisingly poor season.
10. Hanwha Eagles: 20-56-1 (10) -- Maybe Mother Nature is trying to do the Eagles a favor; they've been rained out seven times in the last two weeks.
(Selected by Joon Lee, Alden Gonzalez and Dan Mullen)
KBO highlights -- get ready for some bat flips!
Addison Russell gets his first KBO career hit
Former Chicago Cubs' Addison Russell hits a single for the Kiwoom Heroes on his debut against the Doosan Bears.
KBO baseball fans celebrate first home run
For the first time, fans were able to see a home run in person as Joo-hwan Choi clears right field for Doosan.
Dramatic comeback win sealed by walk-off homer in the KBO
Mel Rojas Jr. hits his second home run of the game to complete a remarkable comeback for KT Wiz vs. LG Twins.
KBO home run leader adds his 23rd of the season
KT Wiz's Mel Rojas Jr. ties the game with his home run against the LG Twins in the KBO.
Ramos destroys his 17th homer of the KBO season
LG Twins' Roberto Ramos extends his teams lead with a two-run home run against KT Wiz.