Daley, who weighed 1.6 pounds over the 171-pound limit, was forced to go to the hospital due to the bad weight cut. As a result, the fight has been canceled, per Bellator officials. Anderson made weight earlier in the day, but he will not fight a new opponent.
After news of the cancellation got out, Daley took to Instagram to dispute it.
"That is not the case," he said. "Yes, there was a bad weight cut. I came in 2.6 pounds over, but the fight was accepted. I have not received any hospital treatment at all. I'm back in the hotel now, just feasted, and feel 100%. We should see you all Thursday, tomorrow, when I knock this guy out, if he still wants it."
After Daley posted his message, ESPN confirmed with Bellator that the fight is still off.
Daley, considered a pioneer of sorts in British MMA, had a history of bad weight cuts earlier in his career, although it had been several years since he had missed weight.
Mike Mazzulli, the Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation director overseeing the event, told ESPN that he was "disgusted" that Daley took to social media to blast his officials. Mazzulli said Daley was pulled from the card only when he was transported to the hospital on a stretcher. Before that, there were plans to continue on with the headliner.
Mazzulli said he doesn't think any athletic commission would allow a fighter to compete in such a situation. He noted that Daley also pulled out of a fight with Anderson in 2016, on the day of the scheduled bout, because of similar weight-cut-related reasons.
"I'm worried about Mr. Daley's health," Mazzulli said.
This marks the second time this year that the Daley-Anderson fight has been canceled.
ESPN's Marc Raimondi contributed to this report.